Home Info Links Tumblr S H I N I N G & N E Wby mariel
Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Cuppa?

Something terrible has happened.
I've realised that when I go back to cambridge, there will be no teapot accompanying me. With the rapid rise in leaf tea popularity at home, I am no longer monopoly share-holder on the old faithful teapot. This means I'll have to start hunting for a teapot to take up to Cambridge come October. While this may at first seem like a great opportunity to spend more money on frivolous things, it is actually one of the most daunting tasks I have been presented with for a while. While at first I was hypnotised by the exotic promises of ebay's East Asian Antiques section, I realised that while a 99p extravagant teapot might be all fine and dandy, but it doesn't count for crap in the cuppa department unless it pours well.

I've had too many dreadful experiences with poor pourers (geddit?) to fall foul of that mistake again.
So, tomorrow, armed only with a bottle of water, credit card and stubborn resilience to shop assistants saying "miss, you can't test out our pots", I'll begin the hunt for a good teapot.
Wish me luck.

Labels: